Student Dress/Colour Code
The mandatory Edinburgh School Dress/Colour Code promotes school spirit and simplifies dressing for school in the morning. Edinburgh's Dress/Colour Code begins on the first day of school, August 31, 2021, and ends on the last day of school, June 23, 2022.
Parents are asked to ensure their child’s attire follows the school’s colour/dress code before they leave home. Students’ clothing must be of solid colours, except for slacks, which may have a narrow white or red stripe along the outer seam.
- red, white or navy-blue shirt, blouse, turtleneck or T-shirt; sturdy shoes
- red, white or navy-blue cardigan, sweatshirt, kangaroo or sweater; sturdy shoes
- red, white or navy-blue pants, jogging pants, shorts, skirt or jumper; sturdy shoes
* Indoor shoes are required
**Please note that sandals or open toed shoes are forbidden for security purposes **
Students are not permitted to wear at any time:
- shorts/skirts that are shorter than 5 fingers above the knee
- strapless/sleeveless t-shirts, muscle shirts, spaghetti-strap dresses/blouses
- clothing with trademarks or logos greater than the size of the École Edinburgh School Crest (8 cm or 3.5 inches)
- t-shirts with offensive language.
- anything that leaves their midriff exposed (i.e. cropped shirts or low-rise pants).
If your child's clothing does not follow the outlined rules, a dress code infraction will be sent home in your child's agenda. Upon receipt of three infractions, the child will be asked to call home to request that a parent bring appropriate clothing to wear.
If the problem persists, administration will request a meeting with the parent. If you are unsure of the appropriateness of a clothing item, please check with the office before sending your child to school.
Free Dress Days
Students are welcome to wear clothing that does not follow the school’s dress/colour code on free dress days, however, the restricted items listed above remain in effect.
Physical Education Dress Code
- Shorts, sweat-pants; T-shirt; running shoes.
- Students in grades 3 to 6 must bring a change of clothing (i.e. T-shirt, shorts) for Physical Education class.